Discover the Southwest Florida nightlife
A vacation in Southwest Florida is incomplete without a nightlife exploration. Some vacationers love to bar-hop and dance the night away, and some may be keener to immerse themselves in the arts and theater. While for others, music, open mic nights, and karaoke might be the idea of fun. Irrespective, Southwest Florida offers a multitude of entertainment options for every age and all tastes. Southwest Florida Insider recommends the best Southwest Florida nightlife spots and ideas in Fort Myers, Punta Gorda, Tampa, and Cape Coral.
For those looking for the most exciting party crowds, Downtown Fort Myers is the place to be. With local live performances that offer contemporary music to jazz and blues, Sanibel and Captiva Islands are a great option. Fort Myers’ brick streets lined with funky dens, wine bars, pubs, and clubs offer vacationers a lively nightlife complete with music, good food and cocktails, and a great crowd. Watch out for the monthly Music and Art Walks here and plan a visit accordingly.
- Mona Lisa Italian Restaurant: This family pizzeria by day transforms into a packed Karaoke bar by night. https://www.monalisaitalian.com/
- Roadhouse Cafe: This classy and cool nighttime spot is a musical jackpot for those looking for jazz musicians, dance, and food. http://www.roadhousecafefl.com/
- Rascals: Lively, modern gay bar featuring drag shows, karaoke, DJs & pool, plus happy-hour specials. https://www.rascalsfortmyers.com/
- Celsius Night Club: This energetic, bi-level nightclub offers cocktails plus rotating DJs & themed nights. https://www.facebook.com/celsius239
- The Barrel Room: For those seeking live music and an extensive spirit selection in a rustic setting, this is a gem worth exploring in Fort Myers.https://barrelroomfortmyers.com/
Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte
Punta Gorda offers numerous lively and quiet spots, hole-in-the-wall spots, and scenic and truly unforgettable spots. More importantly, for those seeking exciting nightlife, it offers everything from all genres of music and dance spots to comedy and theater.
- Celtic Ray Irish Pub: A genuine Irish Pub in the heart of Punta Gorda featuring conversation, laughter, music, trivia, and themed night parties. Enjoy the finest imported beers and feast on homemade Irish food. https://celticray.net/
- TT’s Tiki Bar: Dive into the delicious food and drinks and immerse in the fantastic live music at this bar. There isn’t much better than putting your toes in the warm sand and drinking a tasty cocktail while listening to top-notch live entertainment. https://www.ttstikibarwaterfrontharborside.com/
- Perch 360: Imagine a rooftop bar and restaurant with stunning views of downtown Punta Gorda and Charlotte Harbor. Head to Perch 360 and savor signature cocktails, local craft beers, and boutique wines, along with an enticing Tapas menu in a relaxing alfresco ambiance. http://www.perch360.com/
- Visani Restaurant & The Comedy Zone: Visani offers live entertainment at least five days a week featuring everything, from comedians to live music to themed holiday events. https://www.visani.net/
Choose from vibrant nightclubs, thrilling sports bars, and exhilarating concerts, to relaxing boat rides and low-key bars. Known for its legendary concert halls where celebrities often perform, Tampa offers an array of experiences when it comes to Southwest Florida nightlife.
- Club Prana: A splashy five-story nightclub in Tampa Bay. Each floor has an individual style and music format, from Hip Hop to Reggae and everything in between. https://clubprana.com/
- Gaspar’s Grotto: Pirate-themed hotspot where everybody parties like a pirate. It features three large bars with live entertainment/DJs seven nights a week. https://gasparsgrotto.com/
- Skipper’s Smokehouse: Skipper’s Smokehouse hosts local, national, and international musicians and has a full liquor bar and restaurant featuring “Floribbean” cuisine. This iconic venue has been bringing some of the best musical artists and performers since 1980. https://skipperssmokehouse.com/
- Seminole Hard Rock Casino: If you’re looking for gaming fun, then look no further than Seminole Hard Rock Casino. One of the biggest casinos in the country offering world-class entertainment, award-winning dining, and lively casino gaming. https://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/
Travelers looking for a night out on the town can find themselves spoilt for choice. With several tiki huts, swanky waterside joints, and various kinds of bars along with living music, comedy, karaoke, and open mic nights, Cape Coral has got every aspect of entertainment covered.
Dixie Roadhouse: Dixie Roadhouse is a country-themed “party bar” for a 21+ crowd. Come early for country dance lessons and stay late to dance to a music format that includes rock, retro, dance, Top-40, and country. http://www.thedixie.com/
- Scotty’s Bierwerks: Scotty’s is a local brewery with a tasting room featuring fun-themed nights, trivia nights, and live music nights. https://www.facebook.com/scottysbierwerks
- Backstreets Sports Bar: Backstreets is where the locals go to mingle, watch sports, throw darts, shoot pool, sing karaoke, and listen to live music. https://backstreetssportsbar.com/
- Anthonys on the Blvd: It hosts comedy nights on Thursdays, either with or without dinner. They serve Italian and American dishes, seafood, and prime rib every day!
Bowland Cape Coral: Head to this Cape Coral bowling alley for bowling, dinner, and fun at a full bar & an attached sports cafe with a patio. https://bowlandcenters.com/
Why Southwest Florida Insider?
With the most insightful and carefully-curated content on the sights to see, events to attend, cuisines to try, places to stay, and exciting nightlife options, Southwest Florida Insider is where travelers can find all they need to know about Southwest Florida.
For more insights and travel tips, visit https://southwestfloridainsider.com